Jan 27, 2008

Yarn

I had to get some souvenirs while in DC - and what better type than yarn? You can remember the trip while knitting and then when wearing the creation. The top two skeins were from the Dupont Circle Farmer's Market, hand spun and beautiful. It is so hard to find undyed wool, like the grey - but I LOVE it. The woman who makes them was from Oregon! What a small world. 



I got this wonderful yarn that has glass bead wound with the wool. I knit up a quick skinny scarf with the single skein (it was the last one in the store - StitchDC - so it was meant to be).


This is a scarf that I knit for Theresa, another wonderful Aquarius. I made this same scarf for myself, just in different colors. It is from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts". It is intended for a child, but I love the length and the fact that it only takes two skeins. It is one of the most satisfying things that I have ever knit, because it is a simple pattern (you can watch tv while knitting), but it works up in such a surprising play of colors and each scarf is unique since the yarn is all hand dyed.

No comments: