Jun 3, 2013

Apartment - Closet and bedroom

Here is another visit to our apartment. It includes a nice, deep closet for our coats and some basic shelves. These are perfect for our cat carrier and some other unsightly items, so I used a few more cafe curtain rods to hold some fabric that is sewn together in a loop. These used be curtains in our dining room and includes 3 different fabrics that can be pulled down to change the fabric into stripes or a solid pattern. 

 :: there is a chair rail around the closet which I've hooked wooden coat hangers to for holding different totes - one for picnic items, one for library books, one for donations ::

 :: I also included over-the-door hooks to hang two more coat hangers for our everyday coats ::

Here is a picture of our bedroom, where we also painted one accent wall the same grey as the living room. We hung a few pictures above the bed, including one from our wedding (with two trees with thumb prints from our families). 
 :: the mister's side of the bed, including his meditation table and book shelf ::

:: my side of the bed ::

We have my sewing cabinet in the other corner of our bedroom. While it's not the best location for a sewing area, it's a small apartment and I haven't had much time to sew in the last few years. Hopefully that will change, but for now this will work very well. 

No comments: