Jun 5, 2013

Apartment - bathroom

Here's another room in our tiny apartment, our bathroom. It's tiny (like everything else) but has nice tall ceilings. I wanted to highlight that, so I hung long, sheer curtains on a tension rod (they open in the middle) with a plain white curtain on the inside. There is a window in the bath and that has a clear curtain on it (to let in lots of light). 

 :: long sheer curtains (from Ikea) ::


  :: a Japanese bird wind chime hangs on our medicine cabinet; I added paper tape, notched like little flags, for some added color ::

:: green towels add more color, along with orange/blue/green pictures and my vintage hand mirror which is hung by green ribbon ::

My big DIY for the bathroom sits in the wire rack on the toilet. An old aluminum bowl holds toilet paper and two small canning jars hold matches and Qtips. For the matches jar, I took a large box of wooden matches cut off the "strike" area and glued to the top of the jar lid. It's a much nicer looking storage option. Though I think I need to upgrade to something like this when my set up wears out.

No comments: