May 17, 2008

summer knitting

On mother's day, my sister and I had brunch together, it's slowly becoming a tradition since our mom died a few years ago. I like the tradition, since it gives us time to talk and at least think about our mom. After breakfast we walked around downtown and one thing led to another, we were in a yarn store.

My friend Andra knit this beautiful scarf a few weeks ago and I've been thinking about making one for myself. I love that it looks woven instead of knit. I tried mixing this yarn from Toni (handmade in Alaska) with some solids, but it just didn't work. Enter said yarn store . . .



and my new spring scarf. I like the blues and whites, like rain, mixing with a hint of green and color. A perfect rainy Portland scarf.





I got a little carried away making the tassels and now I have 20 unused tassels! I'll have to think of a way to use them . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking extra tassels equal new cat toy! (Andra)