Apr 27, 2008

avoiding homework (or adventures in the kitchen)

This is what I've been eating for dinner lately - Field Roast hot dogs (the best vegetarian hotdogs out there - and no soy), french fries, and beer. Is this really cooking? I don't think so, but the Boddington's can is pretty cute.

So I decided, that I can avoid homework and do some cooking at the same time. Enter my new favorite cooking blog 101 Cookbooks. Heidi is great, the recipes are easy and wonderful (and everything is vegetarian). She also has a wonderful book that I bought last weekend. So far I've tried three recipes and they are all wonderful - plus she has beautiful photos.

Plump Pea Dumplings - very tasty and the recipe made a lot - they are sitting in my freezer now waiting for me. I've really wanted to make dumplings for a while now (ever since watching Eat, Drink, Man, Woman) and I'm glad that I did. It was a lot of fun.

Hearst Castle Shortbread Cookies - so shortbread has to be my second favorite cookie (after snickerdoodles). These were so delicious and not as hard to make as I imagined. Very, very good.

After a hard day avoiding homework, I spent a wonderful evening celebrating my Grandma's birthday. I was the official cake cutter - I think I've found my true calling in life!

1 comment:

heatherly said...

Brandy!

I cannot believe how long it has been! I have been so busy and it looks like you have too.

I think that is the Perfect dinner - we don't get field roast dogs out here; we do get the sausages and I love them but I am going to start hunting for the dogs.

I hope to sit down and send you a proper letter soon but I had to pop in and say hi!