Nov 12, 2006

Studio Craft Excitement

There are many reasons that I love living in Portland. The great bus system, the laid back atmosphere, the small blocks (200' really makes a difference when you are walking around town), and the reasons that we should "Keep Portland weird". One of those reasons is the do-it-yourself mentality. I love all of the crafting that goes on here (and other places I know, but I live here).

Studio Craft was one of those great Portland moments and I hope it happens again next year. I went with a few friends who don't read a lot of blogs, but who have been to Crafty Wonderland (also very good). They had a wonderful time looking at the cute things (and buying said cute things).

It was great for me to meet all of my favorite Portland bloggers in person! Plus, I picked up some really cute things.

To become part of my non-Christmas holiday decorations, I think (from Little Birds). The cute acorns above were also sold at the Little Birds table, by her daughter (see a better picture here).

I also got four push pins from Shim + Sons that I have added to my cube at work. They help me think about crafting when I am busy looking at spreadsheets and emails. (You can see the buttons used for my new push pins at the end of this post - second picture from the bottom, the grey buttons at the bottom of the picture).

No comments: