Nov 15, 2006

Haberdashery and what-nots

There are some blogs that I read every day (checking in several times a day, just to see if anything has been added). I love that people can share thoughts and creative projects so easily (and since there aren't any pictures to share here-you can see some random photos-hooray!)


Today was no exception, with a great post over at yarnstorm about old-fashioned shops that I dream about (wouldn't it be fun to run a shop like this?). And it makes me want to pop over to Josephine's Dry Goods, to see if there are any new winter fabrics in stock - and maybe to pursue the button wall . . .

Cute food that I bought recently - the best is the Fisher scone mix! Isn't the box cute (haven't tried the mix yet).

There is also a wonderful post over at Little Birds about cute advent stockings and simplifying Christmas, which I whole heartedly endorse (especially since I've never liked it anyway). Maybe this will be a way for me to get into the holiday spirit . . . or do something fun.

Two little chickies that I bought last Easter (don't they look like the are talking?).

And one of my favorites; SouleMama - talking about a typical day (and reading the new Martha Stewart holiday gift/craft magazine, which I am reading in hopes of gift ideas). By the way she is going to be publishing a book about parenting and I can't wait - she has very practical advice and (seems to be) loving children.

Cookies that I exchanged last year at my company's Holiday Cookie Exchange (including the origami boxes and cranes that I made for the packaging.

No comments: