Jul 17, 2013

preserving



These are a few of my preserving books: 
  • Can it, bottle it, smoke it: a nice mix of projects that are not just canning related
  • Putting Food By: this is a really good "bible" for preserves - not just canning but also root cellaring and smoking
  • The complete book of small-batch preserving: This is a great book for small batches (what most people want anyway) - I love that I can make 4-8 jars of something, I don't have space for more! This is the book that I recommend to anyone interested in getting started with canning since it's so comprehensive.  
  • Canning for a new generation: one of my favorites, this has lots of small batch recipes.
  • Tart and Sweet: really interesting flavors and some really nice "preserving party" ideas, most is for small batches
  • Stocking up: Very comprehensive for water bath and pressure canning
  • Blue Ribbon Preserves: One of the "bibles" for preserving - lots of big batch projects

No comments: