Jun 17, 2013

Knitting - cable headband

This was a gift for my sister-in-law and was fun to make. It was a stash yarn, so I don't remember what brand. It was a lovely soft merino (I'm guessing based on my yarn preferences). I used size 10 needles. 

:: back, ties with satin ribbons ::

:: front shows the cable pattern ::

It was about 3 inches wide and I used a pattern from "Harmony Guides: Cables and Arans" (which is a great reference book and I highly recommend it). I cast on 22 stitches (3 seed stitch on each side with 16 stitch panel in the middle). The cable pattern was repeated 5 times before binding off. 

Criss-Cross Cable with Twists
Panel of 16 sts on background of reverse St st 

1 st row (right side): P2, C4F, p4, C4F, p2
2nd row: K2, p4, k4, p4, k2
3rd row: P2, k4,p4,k4, p2
4th row: same as 2nd
5th row: same as 1st
6th row: same as 2nd
7th row: [T4B, T4F] twice
8th row: same as 3rd
9th row: K2, p4,C4F, p4, k2
10th row: same as 3rd
11th row: same as 2nd
12th row: same as 3rd
13th row: same as 9th
14th to 21st rows: rep last 4 rows twice more
22nd row: same as 3rd
23rd row: [T4F, T4B] twice
24th row: same as 2nd
repeat 24 rows 4 more times

No comments: