Jun 11, 2013

Juicer

A few of my good friends bought me a juicer for my birthday. It was a great present and I've been playing around with different juice options (trying to use up my fruits and veg before they go bad). 

:: pre and post stir of sunshine juice ::

Sunshine Juice
Serves 2
  • 6 satsumas (peeled and as much pith removed as possible)
  • 2 kiwi (peeled)
  • sprig of mint
  • half of a cucumber 
I checked out "The Joy of Juicing" from the library and while it had a lot of good ideas, there were a surprisingly limited number of recipes for a juicer (most were for a blender or even cooked recipes for healthy eating). That's fine, but not really what I was expecting. 


This Citrus Kick Start recipe looked good! 1 lemon (peeled) + 1 lime (peeled) + 1 cucumber + 3 celery stalks + 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper


No comments: