
I've been reading a lot of books lately about sustainability and self sufficiency. Barbara Kingsolver's book helped to spur me further along the long list (although I have been reading about this topic for a while now).

The Slow Food Nation's book, Come to the Table was a great book that I got from the library. I love the stories and recipes.
I've made a few of the items from Green Sewing. Including the grocery bags (for produce and bulk bin items). I love having them, even if they weigh a bit more than the plastic bags - just ask to weigh them at the grocery store and mark the weight in sharpie to avoid paying extra.
I love Jane Brockett's blog - which I can't seem to access anymore. So I checked out her book from the library - Gentle Art of Domesticity. I was excited by the pictures and discussions about the art of living close to the land and enjoying home life. I like those ideas and realize how much that philosophy was reflected in my childhood. But I wanted more craft projects - especially the ripple blanket (but I guess I'll have to check out another book . . .)
No comments:
Post a Comment