Sep 23, 2009

harvest time

So I'm consumed with "putting up" this year - peaches, jam, corn, (hopefully veggie soup, if I have time).

A co-worker was telling about a cheese making kit that she got a few months ago and I had my eye out for one. Thank you Mirador (and New Seasons' has them too). So I have a gallon of whole milk (oh my) waiting in my fridge to be made into mozzarella.


Oh, and I've made lots of granola too. But then it got hot and it doesn't seem like the right food to eat in the morning. Too bad it only lasts for a few weeks. Recipe is from "Super Natural Foods" which I highly recommend!

1 comment:

heatherly said...

I too have been "putting up" a pile of food this year. I shucked, decobbed and froze about 60 ears of corn, roasted and froze a 1/2 bushel of bell peppers, cellared a 1/2 bushel of onions and 20 bulbs of garlic and canned 7 quarts of tomatoes. (that last one has be a littled worried but it was fun)
Steve has put in a request for singapor chili sauce so that and the apples are next! How was the pressure cooker?