May 17, 2009

the other coast continued

During my east coast jaunt, I also stayed with some very dear friends - Heather and Steve. It was very good to see them and to have an opportunity to check out Boston and Cambridge from an insider's perspective.
Of of their kitties, Moon, hogged this whole bed (and she is probably the tiniest cat ever!)

I went to Boston Commons and saw the famous "Make way for ducklings statues" - so cute! I love that book.

I saw a great sign, which I definitely think Portland should institute - maybe for pedestrians and drivers too . . .

It was just starting to feel like spring in Boston and the leaves were coming out. It was a wonderful time to visit.

And I was able to avoid the melee of tourists - so I could be one of the sole tourists taking pictures of things like the swan boats in the Boston Gardens.



No comments: