Aug 18, 2007
Freezer Jam (or who knew that blackberries could be so satisfying)
So I had heard about the beauty of making freezer jam, you know . . . super easy, fast, no canner (which frankly frightens me - all that boiling water), no botulism, etc.
But I hadn't done it before (probably because there wasn't room). At least that will be my response for now. I finally realized that my urge to 'put up' some of the wonderful farmer's market produce was getting the best of me.
Enter the blackberry jam! 1 box of Sure-Jell low sugar, 2 pints of blackberries, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and 4 of the cutest Italian freezer jars.
Now I have 4 jars of jam freezing; contentedly waiting for a cold winter morning and a warm piece of toast. It makes me smile just thinking about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment