Oct 3, 2006

Sewing Club and Poetry

Toni and I have started working on a flapper/1920s hats, sewn from felt. I bought the pattern from the Vintage Pattern Library, which is a very fun site with far too many tempting things. I will post our finished products as soon as they are, you know, complete.


Until then, you can feast your eyes on this fabulous book, The Spider and The Fly by Mary Howitt (Author), Tony DiTerlizzi (illustrator). This was one of my favorite poems when I was a kid (ok, so I was a strange kid). I love the illustrations with the fun 20s clothes (look at the fly's hat).


My other favorite childhood poem, for trivia's sake, was Trees by Joyce Kilmer. There is a lovely poster at the Library of Congress for the conservation movement based on this poem. It sounds so beautiful when spoken aloud and has such great language.

No comments: